Certificates, Records & Fees
At-a-Glance Service Guide
The County Clerk-Recorder maintains the official archive of legally recordable transactions or events. Legally recordable transactions include:
- Deeds and maps relating to real property sales;
- Commercial financing statements;
- Mechanic's liens;
- and many other document types.
The County Clerk-Recorder also issues marriage licenses and performs civil marriages, as well as processes the following legal and business documents:
- Vital records of birth, death or marriage;
- Fictitious Business Name Statements;
- Oaths of Office and official bonds;
- Powers of attorney;
- Professional registrations;
- Environmental impact reports;
- Passport applications;
- Name change orders;
- Conflict of Interest Statements.
The County Clerk-Recorder is a source of public information and provides customer service to the general public, government agencies, and the private sector. Records are made available to the public as allowed by law. Copying and certification costs may apply. Payment types accepted in the office are cash, check, and credit or debit card (Visa & Mastercard only). Payment types via mail are limited to checks at this time. All checks must be preprinted and payable against a USA bank.